Monday, February 15, 2010

One Enchanted Evening

We had our first campaign fundraiser this weekend! "One Enchanted Evening- A Black Tie Gala" at Celebrations At the Bay in Pasadena. Excellent turnout, considering the snowy conditions. I think everyone had fun. I know that I did!

Thank you to everyone who attended. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Thank you to the local businesses who contributed items to our silent auction. Thank you to the staff at Celebrations. And especially thank you to Jenny Harding for coordinating the entire evening. And while I'm thanking people, thank you to everyone who helped clear the snow from the roads and kept the power on this past week!

The evening started with the usual mingling and chatting. I was pleased to discover that there were Democrats and Republicans in the crowd. I prefer to focus on what unites us and not on what divides us. People respond to that.

Celebrations At the Bay had outstanding food. As the evening went on, the staff brought out chocolate covered strawberries which made more than one person turn their head!

After dinner, Erin Callen, ballroom dance instructor from "Just Dance" got everyone in the room on their feet and onto the dance floor for a short lesson on ballroom dancing. Yes, even Stan Janor and his wife danced. The DJ was taking requests all night and the open bar ensured that the dance floor stayed occupied until the end!

Oh yeah, and I was able to say a few words.

To boil it down to a few sentences: I am running for delegate in order to protect the future because the future will be awesome. When people go to a lawyer, they have a problem that needs solved. They don't want to hear legal theory or spend all their money. They just want the problem solved. And that's my philosophy on serving as a delegate: the people don't want to hear political bickering or spend all their tax dollars. They just want the problem solved. That's what I want to do and that's why I need your help.

Protect the Future: Vote Chiappelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment