Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Keep the Government out of the Bedroom

I've had several people ask me what I mean when I say I want to keep the government out of the bedroom. And I mean pretty much what I say. In the not-too distant past, the government determined what contraceptives were available and who could purchase them. The government determined that certain consensual relationships were forbidden.

The government then had the ability to barge into your bedroom and tell you what you could or couldn't do with your spouse. (I'm talking consensual stuff.)

That's the worst kind of government intrusion!

As a society, we've been moving away from that.

But there is a dangerous strain of extremists taking over the Republican party. Those extremists are trying to promote social conservative positions by putting the government back in your bedroom. Their wedge issue is gay marriage. Mayland law states marriage is between a man and a woman. These extremists want to go even further by essentially outlawing gay couples.

Think about that for a minute. They want to give the government the authority to regulate your bedroom. This is what they are spending their time on while the economy crashes down around us.

I don't like that one bit! If anything, we should be pushing the government out the front door of our homes, not inviting them back into our bedrooms.

Protect the future, Vote Chiappelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment