Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! And belated Happy Holidays!

The campaign website has undergone a significant upgrade courtesy of the tireless efforts of Julie and Spencer. Julie spent her holiday break programming html and getting all of the pieces of the website to work together. I would like to publically say thank you.

Consequently I have not posted an update for several months. On the other hand, the holidays were about family and taking it easy. Not a whole lot to report.

I would like to share two things that made me happy.

One: I received a gadget to recharge Wii controller batteries by induction. It blows my mind. Usually I have some idea of how things work, but this baffles me. Power just magically goes from the pad into the battery. No wires. The future is pretty cool.

Two: While I am outraged by the recent attempted-bombing on Flight 253, I am thrilled by the response of the passengers. They saw that something wasn't right and they acted upon it. And by acted upon it, they physically restrained the bomber, put out the fuse on the bombers body, and then they proceeded to beat up the bomber. Even though the passenger who took the lead was Dutch, it still makes me proud to be an American.

2010 is upon us. The election is a mere eleven months away. The primary is only nine months away! Vote Chiappelli.

1 comment:

  1. It does show that we as individuals and as a community share in the responsibility of keeping ourselves and our families safe. We've had a recent crime spree here in Wicomico County, and though many wonder what the police and the local government are going to do about it, others have decided that forming neighborhood watches and holding community forums are the way to go. Government may be part of the solution (and most often is), but its certainly not the most important part.

    ReplyDelete