Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Environment

I like the environment. I'm a big fan. I don't think that there is a serious candidate or politician out there who doesn't at least make pro-environmental noises.

The environment has been a huge issue for me as long as I can remember. Pro-environmental positions come so naturally to me that I don't really think of them as political issues, I think of them as common sense. We all live in the environment. All of our essentials come from the environment: Food, oxygen, water, shelter.

Politicians try to paint the picture of the economy versus the environment. I beleive that is completely wrong. The economy needs a clean environment to thrive and the environment does better when the economy is healthy. The real battle is the economy/environment vs. ignorance and short-sighted thinking. Come to think of it, that is my core platform.

Common sense is not common as I'm sure many of you can attest.

Protect the Future from short-sighted thinking, Vote Chiappelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment