Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cul-de-Sac King

Yard signs. Whether you like them or not, they're a sign of the season. We've been very active getting them out to our supporters in the area and I've learned a few things.

-Businesses don't like to put up campaign signs. And I don't blame them. You want customers no matter who they vote for. Why antagonize half of your potential customers? So for that reason, I appreciate my business supporters all the more. Thank you!

-Apparently most of my supporters live at the ends of cul-de-sac's. They have my sign in their yards, but only their neighbors can see them. I'm not sure what this means. Are my supporters very private people who like to live off the beaten path? Possibly. Do they live away from the main roads because they have young children who roam around? Probably. Thank you for your support!

-I like small yard signs because it seems more grassroots. I've tried to only place my signs on private property with the owners permission. It's an intrusion and I don't want to be rude with a billboard.

-The weather does not like small signs. Between the winds and the deluges, it's amazing any signs at all are still standing.

-The yard-sign fairies are alive and well. Who takes the signs? When do they take them? What do they do with them once they take them? Nobody knows.

What do you think of yard-signs?

Remember to order your absentee ballots now if you'll be away on Election day!

No comments:

Post a Comment