Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Notes from the Campaign Trail

It's been awhile since my last post. I've been busy.

In preparing for this campaign, I spoke with a lot of very smart people and consulted a lot of books. Money is important because money allows you to get your message out to the people.

That's true.

But I've been taking a more personal approach. I'm going to community meetings (send me an email if you know of any that you think I should visit!) and other events. I'm knocking on doors and talking to people one-on-one. People can always look up your record or your position on issues, but I think most people just want to size up the candidate.

I think it was an interesting contrast between the different candidates this weekend at the Riviera Beach parade. The Chiappelli contingent was small. We took our time walking the parade route and handed out our cards to everyone along the way.

Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment