Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jefferson-Jackson dinner

Tonight was the night of the Jefferson Jackson Dinner which is the biggest event of the year for the Anne Arundel County Democratic Central Committee. It was a good time.

The keynote speaker was Governor Martin O'Malley. He raised a lot of good points. Even though the nation is in the midst of the Great Recession, Maryland has the highest rated public school system in the nation. Maryland has the largest increase in jobs of all the states and, consequently, the lowest unemployment rate. The Chesapeake bay is even getting cleaner, although very slowly.



The message of the Democratic party has been, and will be, Hope. Even when things are bad, we can make them better. That's a message I can believe in. That's a banner that I will get behind.

My opponents, one in particular, are running on a fear message. If you fail to support them, evil things will happen. That's not really a message, it's more of a threat.

Delegate Dwyer has challenged me to a debate, which I have accepted. I hope that we can set a date in June. I would like to give the people the opportunity to hear the difference between hope and fear. I already know what the winner will be.

Vote Chiappelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment