Friday, February 25, 2011

Mea Culpa

Hi Citizens.

It's been four months since my last real post. In internet time that's about a decade. I apologize for the delay.

Running for office is an interesting thing. You have to plan two futures: One where you win and one where you lose. They are mutually exlusive. Although I could have taken time off from the dayjob to spend three months in Annapolis, it wouldn't have done me or my family much good. And, as it turns out, there were a lot of things that I simply put off until after the election. I've been very busy in my personal life.

My family was happy to have me back. My children were thrilled that daddy would come home after work. I can eat dinner with my wife and kids. Good times.

I've picked up a few pro bono legal cases dealing with foreclosure defense and custody cases. The people opted not to send me to Annapolis, so I'll help a few individuals instead.

I met so many wonderful groups and people that I'm still trying to sort out where to put my volunteer time.

The budget in Annapolis looks to be another stomach-churner. My sympathies to the General Assembly. There are no easy answers.

Will I run again in the future? Probably. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment