Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Definition of Success

I'm running for the House of Delegates to Protect the Future.



What the heck does that mean? How will the voters be able to tell if I've protected the future in four years? How am I going to define success as a Delegate?

Ask any politician ever if they have been successful during their term and they will say "Yes." Because nobody wants to admit that they've been a failure. Even if they campaigned on position A and position B gets passed, they will define that as a success. That's why politicians get such a lousy reputation.

I'm not naive enough to think that I can go down to Annapolis and pass my specific wish list of legislation. I do hope that I can be more successful than our current delegate who has a perfect .000 batting average for getting legislation passed.

First Goal: Pass a bill.

Many of the items on my legislative wish list involve expanding freedoms to the good people of Maryland. We all do better, the economy does better, when more people have more freedom. The reverse of this position is that a lot of bad legislation gets proposed and passed which limits freedom. I hope to help defeat those bills.

Second Goal: That you have more freedoms available to you in four years than you do now.

A good economy depends on good government. Wise tax policy can help boost the economy. The hard choices we will have to make in the next couple years will have an impact on the economy. Everyone is talking about job creation, including me. We need smart government to help create jobs.

Third Goal: That you have a job and more money in your pocket in four years than you do now.

I want to empower the people of Maryland. Electricity provider competition has given the average family the power to vote against BGE. Alternate energy sources, like solar and wind, give people the power to control their own, well, power. Wise farming policies give people the power to control their own food supplies. We are all stewards of our environment. We all have the power to protect ourselves from crime.

Fourth Goal: That you, the people, have the power to control your fate instead of being left to the whims of the government or big business.

I hope you give me the chance to be your delegate this fall. And I hope you measure me against these four goal. And I hope that I pass!

Protect the Future: Vote Chiappelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment