Monday, June 28, 2010

Books



I love books. I'm a big reader.

When people ask me why I'm running for office, I tell them the truth: I read a lot. I read a lot of books about the various problems facing the world and then I read a lot of books about various solutions to those problems. I like to solve problems. I don't see other candidates or existing office-holders tackling some problems or approaching them with the right solutions. I would like a chance to try.

I mention that because I would like to hear from you, good citizens of the Fighting 31st, what books do you want your elected officials to have read? Let me know in the comments.

I just finished a book "From the Bottom Up" by Chad Pregracke. It's the true story of Chad and how he decided to clean up the Mississippi River. There was trash, so he went out on his boat and picked it up. The rest is just elaboration. It was very inspirational and it reminded me why I'm running for office. Sometimes there are simple solutions that we just haven't tried for some reason.

While I'm on the subject of books, let me heartily endorse the Book Thing of Baltimore (www.bookthing.org). Free books! Stop by on weekends and drop off your old books and pick up as many free books as you can handle. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment