Thursday, March 11, 2010

Climate Change

I recently finished Tom Friedman's book "Hot, Flat and Crowded" which is about the pressing need for a clean energy revolution.

I also recently read a letter to the editor questioning climate change.

Folks, the science is over a hundred years old. Something like 98% of scientists agree that global climate change is taking place and that humans have caused it. The differences are how fast the changes are going to come and what they are going to look like.

Clean energy and energy efficiency make sense from an economic point of view. For example, my factory and my neighbors factory both make the identical widget and we both get the same amount of money for our widgets. If I can reduce my overhead by reducing my energy costs, suddenly I make a greater profit than my neighbor. Once my renewable energy supply is online, my price for energy is fixed and not dependent on global commodity prices. Oil prices rise and oil prices drop, but the sun is forever.

In other words, you can believe that global warming is a complete myth and it still makes sense to promote clean energy and energy efficiency.

All of my posts up until now have been just words and no pictures. So for a change of pace, please enjoy



...me, wearing a sweater. Enjoy the good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment